Recipe Of The Week
Lemon-Garlic Prawns & Vegetables
Ingredients: (Makes 4 portions)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 red peppers, diced into bite sizes
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite sizes
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound raw prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add red peppers, asparagus, lemon zest and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to soften, about 6 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl; cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and garlic to the pan and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds. Add prawns and cook for 1 minute. Whisk stock and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan along with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 2 minutes more. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables. Excellent Served with quinoa or brown rice.
Per serving: 227 calories; 7 g fat ( 1 g sat ); 174 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 28 g protein; 4 g fiber; 514 mg sodium; 670 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (210% RDA), Vitamin A (80% rda), Folate (53% rda), Iron (25% rda).